An introduction to honey bees and beekeeping with a professional beekeeper.
Learn how to start keeping bees or just enjoy the unique experience of discovering the hidden world of the bee hive set in the beautiful landscape of Cornwall.
Bee hives and equipment will be explained as well as a practical demonstration of inspecting honey bee colonies - all you need to get started beekeeping.
This is provisionally held every Saturday, 1.30 pm - 3.30 pm throughout the active beekeeping season from April to August inclusive.
Important Notes, Read Carefully:
- Naturally, this is dependent on suitable weather so will be confirmed when the weather forecast permits - the next available date will be shown below so bookmark this page and visit again for weekly updates.
- We can post a Gift Card (included in the price) as a ticket for this course which can then be used on any date. We are unable to take payment on the day.
- Attendees must email us to confirm before attending, we will confirm and give directions in reply (the location is not published on this website).
- Full protective clothing is provided on loan included in the price, please notify us of your size in your email.
- Attendees must bring or wear their own suitable footwear (wellington boots or walking boots covering ankles).
- Attendees must be wearing trousers - dresses or skirts are not suitable.
- This course is not suitable for young children.
- Dogs are not permitted.
Next available date: Saturday 24th August
Packing & delivery charges for most U.K. postcodes will be £4.00 + VAT for small (less than 400mm x 50mm) post box packets or £8.00 + VAT for parcels or free for orders over £90.00. Delivery usually 3-5 working days, assembled bee hives might take a day or two longer. See Terms & Conditions of Sale & Delivery for full details.
Prices include applicable VAT at 20%.
Quantity Discount - 10% off for 6 or more of an item applied in checkout.