Double Modular Observation Hive with a fully assembled 6 Frame National Nucleus Hive.
- Double Modular Observation Hive, Frame Module with Lid includes:
- Frame module is for 2 Standard Deep National Frames.
- Glazed on both sides with genuine Perspex for safety - tough and food safe too. Both windows are easily removed and slide in from the top.
- 2 Insulation Blackout foam panels.
- The Lid slots onto the top edges of the windows and is further secured with spring claw latches. These can be made tamper proof with screws.
- 2 ventilated Entrance Blocks can be removed to use the entrance and feeding holes. These can be made tamper proof with screws.
- Nucleus Hive Adaptor Board includes:
- Queen excluder panel.
- The Frame Module slots onto the pegs on the Adaptor Board before securing to the Nucleus Hive with spring claw latches. These can be made tamper proof with screws.
- Complete National 6 Frame Nucleus Hive includes:
- Roof, Metal clad.
- Spacer eke (so the latches on the brood box don't catch on the roof).
- Crownboard with feeding and clearing holes.
- Standard Deep Brood Box.
- Varroa Mesh Floor including 2 way entrance block and sliding inspection tray. The floor and a separate entrance cover are screwed to the brood box.
All timber is untreated - weather proofing wood treatment is recommended to keep hives dry.
The entrance blocks and spring claw latches on the Frame Module have holes so they can be made tamper proof with screws if used in public.
These are designed for the temporary observation and display of honey bees. When not in use the nucleus hive is managed as usual in the apiary. When observation or display is required, place the queen and the frame she is on into the Frame Module. The whole unit can be carried and transported. A small colony is not harmed by temporary confinement but limit use to a day or two. This is a good way to make use of a retired queen bee.
The Frame Module can also be used as a permanent or fixed observation hive with the addition of floor, stand, feeder and entrance fittings.
These are available but not included.
Availability: In stock now