Nucleus boxes are invaluable and versatile pieces of equipment to have in the apiary.
We have designed these to be simple and light weight so they are easy to carry and transport. The bottom of the hive is meshed so it is suitably ventilated. With many uses for queen mating and introduction and for collecting and transporting colonies and swarms (as illustrated).
It is top bee space and wide enough for 6 Hoffman frames.
All woodwork is knot free 12mm untreated solid timber - weather proofing wood treatment is recommended to keep hives dry
Includes from the top down:
- Roof, metal clad, 3 inch.
- Crownboard with feed hole.
- Hive body incorporating Floor Mesh and Floor Runners.
- This can be supplied filled with 6 Hoffman Frames assembled and fitted with wired wax foundation.
- A Feeder Eke to fit a 4 Pint Top Feeder can be added (as illustrated).
Packing & delivery charges for most U.K. postcodes will be £4.00 + VAT for small (less than 400mm x 50mm) post box packets or £8.00 + VAT for parcels or free for orders over £90.00. Delivery usually 3-5 working days, assembled bee hives might take a day or two longer. See Terms & Conditions of Sale & Delivery for full details.
Prices include applicable VAT at 20%.
Quantity Discount - 10% off for 6 or more of an item applied in checkout.