Mobile Observation Hive including British National 5 Frame 1/2 Hive with Standard Deep Box and Feeder.
Everything is fully assembled and complete.
All woodwork is knot free untreated solid timber - weather proofing wood treatment is recommended to keep hives dry
- Mobile Observation Hive Top
- This is glazed with tough perspex for safety. The sheets can be easily removed.
- The base is bee spaced and fitted with a queen excluder.
- Easy to use toggle catches securely attach all components for transport.
- National 5 frame bee hive including:
- Roof, Metal clad
- Crownboard with feeding and clearing holes
- Standard Deep Brood Box.
- Frame Feeder
- Varroa Mesh Floor including 2 way entrance block and sliding inspection tray. The floor and a separate entrance cover are screwed to the brood box for secure transport.
These are designed for the temporary observation and display of honey bees. When not in use the nucleus hive is managed as usual in the apiary. When observation or display is required, place the queen and the frame she is on into the observation top and replace this frame with the frame feeder. Use a weak 25% sugar syrup so the bees can dilute their honey stores. The whole unit can be carried and transported. A small colony is not harmed by temporary confinement as long as they have syrup in the feeder so limit use to a day or two. This is a good way to make use of a retired queen bee.
Packing & delivery charges for most U.K. postcodes will be £4.00 + VAT for small (less than 400mm x 50mm) post box packets or £8.00 + VAT for parcels or free for orders over £90.00. Delivery usually 3-5 working days, assembled bee hives might take a day or two longer. See Terms & Conditions of Sale & Delivery for full details.
Prices include applicable VAT at 20%.
Quantity Discount - 10% off for 6 or more of an item applied in checkout.