Honey Warmer & Beeswax Melter.
This really is an invaluable and versatile piece of equipment, a must have for every beekeeper.
It will get used more often than a honey extractor for many different jobs throughout the year.
- Gently separate and extract honey from wild honeycomb and cappings.
- Gently liquefy set honey in containers as large as a 30lb bucket ready for bottling.
- Clarify bottled honey to delay granulation in the jar.
- Safely extract and purify beeswax from cappings or old comb.
- Pasteurise home bottled fruit, juice and vegetables.
- Use as a brew kettle for making mead or beer.
- It can also be used for many other cooking methods.
The 28 litre capacity, 35cm diameter tank is acid proof enamelled and fitted with a drainage tap. A separate grill insert is also included to maintain water circulation around containers. The 1800W heating element is concealed in the base so there is no contact between the element and the contents of the tank. The temperature can be accurately controlled between 30°C - 100°C on the thermostat dial.
An optional Steamer & Juice Extractor can be added. This is really useful for the home wine maker and fruit preserver. It is designed to sit on the warmer with the lid on top. A large basket holds the fruit or vegetables. Steaming fruit will extract the juice into the 7 litre container where it can be tapped directly into bottles. This makes extracting juice easy from every sort of soft or hard fruit from elderberries to sloes, crab apples to quince, vegetables too - no need to remove stalks, pips or stones, no need to strain. Perfect for making jellies and adding sugar to the fruit will make home made cordials too.