These are a premium quality jacket made from polycotton.
They have a Nylon mesh veil, harder wearing than other fibre mesh.
Genuine YKK smooth running zips are used throughout the suit.
The unzip and throw back hood is removable.
For extra protection, double thickness fabric is used on the hood.
There is also a head patch, also double thickness fabric, which provides extra protection to the top of the head (also perfect for mopping your brow).
The ample veil provides a generous distance between nose and mesh.
The full length front zip with velcro zip guard makes this easy to put on and take off.
Elasticated cuffs, waist and thumb loops.
2 top and 2 bottom pockets with velcro flaps.
These are the beekeeping suits we use every day.
Read More Information below for size guide.
When choosing a size remember that bee suits need to be big enough to go over other clothes, bee suits that are too small are a problem, bee suits that are too big are not.
Beginners note that the lancets of a honey bee sting have evolved to penetrate the skin of a bear so a single layer of fabric is not sting proof!
Our beekeeping suits and jackets are designed with a generous fit as work wear overalls to be worn over other clothes.
When providing bee suits to students, assuming average build, we use height just as a guide, for example:
- Up to 5 feet 8 inches for a Small
- Up to 5 feet 10 inches for a Medium
- Up to 6 feet for a Large
- Up to 6 feet 4 inches for an Extra Large
- Up to 6 feet 8 inches for a XX Large
The above examples can only be intended as a guide - the actual measurement of garment in inches:
- Small - Waist 40 - Chest 48 - Inside Leg 32 - Crotch to Shoulder 34 - Arm Length 24
- Medium - Waist 42 - Chest 50 - Inside Leg 33 - Crotch to Shoulder 35 - Arm Length 24.5
- Large - Waist 44 - Chest 52 - Inside Leg 34 - Crotch to Shoulder 36 - Arm Length 25
- Extra Large - Waist 46 - Chest 54 - Inside Leg 35 - Crotch to Shoulder 37 - Arm Length 25.5
- XX Large - Waist 48 - Chest 56 - Inside Leg 36 - Crotch to Shoulder 38 - Arm Length 26
Packing & delivery charges for most U.K. postcodes will be £4.00 + VAT for small (less than 400mm x 50mm) post box packets or £8.00 + VAT for parcels or free for orders over £90.00. Delivery usually 3-5 working days, assembled bee hives might take a day or two longer. See Terms & Conditions of Sale & Delivery for full details.
Prices include applicable VAT at 20%.
Quantity Discount - 10% off for 6 or more of an item applied in checkout.