The National Standard bee hive starter kit with a Standard Deep Box is the most commonly used bee hive in the U.K. recommended for beginners and professionals.
DIY beehives are not recommended for beginners so everything is assembled - no DIY needed.
We have carefully designed the contents of this beehive starter kit so there is everything needed to start keeping bees.
This bee hive starter kit includes:
- National Standard Bee Hive, assembled, which includes:
- Roof, 4 inches deep, vented, metal clad
- Empty Extra Shallow box to house the Feeder.
- Crownboard with feeding and clearing holes
- Standard Deep Brood Box complete with 11 Hoffman self spacing frames fitted with wired wax foundation and 1 dummy board.
- Varroa Mesh Floor with Entrance Block and Inspection Tray.
White Beekeeping Vest with Zipped Hooded Veil - one size fits all.
Beekeepers Hat with Hooped Hat - one size fits all. (Honey bees will sting so a veil to protect the face is essential. Designed with a Hooped Hat or a Fencing Hood – every beekeeper has their own preference so buy a full beekeeping suit when you know which style suits you. A spare veil will be essential for helpers or visitors.)
- Leather Beekeepers Gloves.
- Stainless Steel Bee Hive Smoker.
- Stainless Steel Hive Tool.
- Bee Brush.
- Choose roof.
- A Hive Stand with screw on Legs can be added.
- Once established and expanding, usually in their second year, the bees will need additional boxes - these can be added now as an Expansion Kit or purchased when the bees need them. Expansion Kit includes: 2 National Shallow Boxes assembled, 2 Dummy Boards + 22 Hoffman self spacing frames, fully assembled and fitted with sheets of wired beeswax foundation.
A book is essential for beginners so if you do not have one, we recommend the best selling book, Guide to Bees & Honey by Ted Hooper.
All woodwork is knot free untreated 19mm solid timber - weather proofing wood treatment is recommended to keep hives dry.
Click Download for more information.
Packing & delivery charges for most U.K. postcodes will be £4.00 + VAT for small (less than 400mm x 50mm) post box packets or £8.00 + VAT for parcels or free for orders over £90.00. Delivery usually 3-5 working days, assembled bee hives might take a day or two longer. See Terms & Conditions of Sale & Delivery for full details.
Prices include applicable VAT at 20%.
Quantity Discount - 10% off for 6 or more of an item applied in checkout.