The National Standard bee hive with a Standard Deep Box is the most commonly used bee hive in the U.K. recommended for beginners and professionals.
DIY beehives are not recommended for beginners so everything is assembled - no DIY needed.
We have carefully designed the contents of this kit so there is everything needed to start keeping bees.
This kit includes:
- National Standard Bee Hive, assembled, which includes:
- Roof, 4 inches deep, vented, metal clad
- Empty Extra Shallow box to house the 4 Pint Feeder.
- Crownboard with feeding and clearing holes
- Standard Deep Brood Box complete with 11 Hoffman self spacing frames fitted with wired wax foundation and 1 dummy board.
- Varroa Mesh Floor with Entrance Block and Inspection Tray.
- White Beekeeping Vest and Zipped Hooded Veil - one size fits all.
- Beekeepers Hat and Hooped Veil - one size fits all.
- Leather Beekeepers Gloves.
- Stainless Steel Bee Hive Smoker.
- Stainless Steel Hive Tool.
- Bee Brush.
- 4 Pint Feeder.
- A book is essential for beginners so if you do not have one, we recommend the best selling book, Guide to Bees & Honey by Ted Hooper.
- The 4" Roof included with this kit is the most commonly used and practical but there are options for a Deep 6" Roof, Extra Deep 8" Roof (which add an extra degree of insulation in cold climates) or a Gabled Roof.
- A Hive Stand with screw on Legs can be added.
- Once established and expanding, usually in their second year, the bees will need additional boxes - these can be added now as an Expansion Kit or purchased when the bees need them. Expansion Kit includes: 2 National Shallow Boxes assembled, 2 Dummy Boards + 22 Hoffman self spacing frames, fully assembled and fitted with sheets of wired beeswax foundation.
All woodwork is knot free untreated 19mm solid timber - weather proofing wood treatment is recommended to keep hives dry.
Availability: In stock now
Add Expansion Kit:
Add a Hive Stand: