© Beekeeping Clothing & Size Guide
© Our beekeeping suits and jackets are designed with a generous fit as workwear overalls to be worn over other clothes.
When providing bee suits to students, assuming average build, we use height just as a guide, for example:
- Up to 5 feet 8 inches for a Small
- Up to 5 feet 10 inches for a Medium
- Up to 6 feet for a Large
- Up to 6 feet 4 inches for an Extra Large
- Up to 6 feet 8 inches for a XX Large
The above examples can only be intended as a guide - the actual measurement of garment in inches:
- Extra Small - Waist 38 - Chest 46 - Inside Leg 31 - Crotch to Shoulder 33 - Arm Length 23.5
- Small - Waist 40 - Chest 48 - Inside Leg 32 - Crotch to Shoulder 34 - Arm Length 24
- Medium - Waist 42 - Chest 50 - Inside Leg 33 - Crotch to Shoulder 35 - Arm Length 24.5
- Large - Waist 44 - Chest 52 - Inside Leg 34 - Crotch to Shoulder 36 - Arm Length 25
- Extra Large - Waist 46 - Chest 54 - Inside Leg 35 - Crotch to Shoulder 37 - Arm Length 25.5
- XX Large - Waist 48 - Chest 56 - Inside Leg 36 - Crotch to Shoulder 38 - Arm Length 26
BEEKEEPERS LEATHER GLOVES
Wrap a measuring tape around your dominant hand just below knuckles, excluding your thumb, and make a fist. This measurement is your hand width glove size.
- 5-6 inches, XX Small
- 6-7 inches, X Small
- 7-8 inches, Small
- 8-9 inches, Medium
- 9-10 inches, Large
- 10-11 inches, XLarge
Beginners note that the lancets of a honey bee sting have evolved to penetrate the skin of a bear so a single layer of fabric is not sting proof.
This information was last revised on Monday 02 October, 2017 © All Copyright is Reserved and Protected.
Legally, you can save one copy of this publication to disc for your own personal use. However, it is illegal to distribute your copy to those who did not pay for it.
You may not distribute, sell or make available for free public viewing or download on any website or offer to the general public offline this publication in whole or in part or any of the photographs or illustrations within it in any form or any method currently known or yet to be invented. Doing any of these things is illegal, a violation of copyright law.
Products related to this information: